In this workshop we explore the link between the 6 tastes of Ayurveda and nutrition, called Shrad (6) Rasa (essence). These tastes carry the code of the elements that they are derived from and play a specific role in our digestion.
They are Sour, Salty, Sweet, Astringent, Bitter and Pungent. With this knowledge we cook using each taste to bring balance to our individual constitutions or doshas. We experience the decadent pleasure and complexity of taste, with deeper awareness and connection.
What to expect
- A delightful exploration of the sensation of taste
- Ayurvedic theory around the 6 tastes and nutrition
- Learn how to incorporate all 6 tastes into every dish and every meal
- Learn how to use the tastes to balance aggravated doshas
- Cook and eat a delicious Vegan tri-doshic meal together
You’ll be learning how to incorporate all 6 tastes into every dish and every meal in a simple and approachable way. Learn how to use the different tastes to balance aggravated doshas. We end the class off by cooking and eating a delicious vegan tri-doshic meal together.
Who should attend
- Anyone who cooks or eats 🙂
- Anyone trying to incorporate Ayurveda into their lifestyle.
- Vegans or those transitioning.
- Vegetarians, Omnivores, Carnivores, Pescatarians
- Anyone with an interest in Ayurveda
- Anyone with digestive issues, food allergies, hormonal issues
- Anyone who would like to expand their repertoire of culinary skills.