The retreat has 4 elements that are interwoven, creating a grounded experience of an Ayurvedic lifestyle. All levels are welcome as we deepen our knowledge or learn about this ancient health science.
We cover Daily Routines, Nutrition, Healing, Creating Joy and acknowledging the kinship of the Environment that holds us.
- Oil Pulling – mouth cleanse
- Nasya – nasal wash
- Meditation – heart centred Raj yoga
- Yoga – for the doshas
- Abhyanga – daily massage
Saturday cooking class we explore the fundamental principles of Ayurvedic nutrition:
- The Doshas and food - Vata/Pitta/Kapha
- Agni - digestive fire
- Ojas - the essence of digestion
- Tejas - the active energy created by ojas
- Prana - life force, Elimination
Sunday cooking class we workshop how to apply these principles to the individual dosha:
- Your dosha and food choices
- Simple meals for a busy lifestyle
- Eating for balance: allergies, hormones, degenerative disease
2 x full body Marma massage
- An opening and closing havan
- Creating personal yantras (geometric drawings) and rangolis (patterns drawn with coloured rice flour) in the jasper circle
- Journaling Sketching or felting in the chakra gardens
- Classical music appreciation & dance in the Earth-ship
- Sankalpa (subtle intention) in the labyrinth
Amani House is an off-grid venue that is self-sustaining, generating its own power, growing its own food, and eliminating its waste products. It is close to the earth and is a successful permaculture site. It gives us an experience of living lightly and in tune with nature.
6 thoughts on “An Ayurvedic Retreat 29 April -1 May 2022”
when is your next retreat please
I hope you’re well.
It will be late summer, in Feb/March 2023.
I would love to attend however I’m arranging my son’s 10th birthday which is just after this
Please plan for another after winter
We would love to have you join the Spring Retreat in Aug/Sept. We would love to do one with every change in season, for now, 2 a year.
All the best with your preparations!
Please keep me posted on dates! Warm wishes Lilian
Hi Lilian, It will be a 5 day retreat from 27th April to 1 May 2022 at Amani House in Hout Bay.
I’ll share details in my newsletter, please subscribe if you’d like updates.